Connie Jo Miller

SS_Miller_04.13.15

Adult Education

Connie is currently seeking her MS in Educational Psychology with a concentration in Adult Education. Originally from Salt Lake City, Utah, she received her BS in Interdisciplinary Studies at East Tennessee State University and came to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 2013. We asked her to reflect on some of her past and current experiences. Read her responses below.

Accomplishments
  • Earned Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) rating in May 2007
  • Re-certified with the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) in March 2012
  • Graduating in May 2015
Current Occupation

Technical Clerk in Enrollment Services
Pellissippi State Community College

I am responsible for the letters B-E of the alphabet for all students at the college. I process their application maintain their complete admission file. I assist with school tours. I have participated in college fairs, open house, and new student orientation.

Personal Interests

I am a huge “Big Orange Fan” from football to basketball and everything in between. I am married and a mother of two adult children. I am a cat lover with two indoor cats and three I have adopted outside.

Smokey

Future/Vocational Goals

I want to continue to interact with students at Pellissippi State. I would really like to be apart of the advising or recruiting team. I took my first college course at Pellissippi and continued until receiving my Associate of Science. I believe the institution set me up for educational success. I want to have a larger role in assisting in student success.

What sold you on this program?

I was very interested in the EdPsych Online program after reading all the information on the website. The thing that really sold me on the Adult Education was my phone call with Mary Ziegler. She explained a bit more about the program and then asked me several questions to determine if the program and I were a good fit. After the phone call I felt as though she was as interested in my success as she was with enrollment.

What would you tell an incoming student who joins the program/department?

If I had the opportunity to speak to students joining the program I would want to tell them what a wonderful learning environment they are entering. The courses begin with respect for everyone and that is maintained throughout the program. I would like to repeat a phrase I have heard all of my professor say, “at times we are all the learner and at times we are all the teacher.” The professors continually stay involved with the learning and developing of all students.