Kala Taylor wins NASP Research Grant

NASP Grant_Talyor, KalaKala Taylor, School Psychology PhD student, was awarded a Graduate Student Research Grant by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).

“I feel honored and excited to receive support to conduct research conducive to my goal of improving reading outcomes for children.”

Taylor was one of only three national winners who will be recognized at the NASP Annual Convention in February 2016 in New Orleans, LA. She will be awarded with $1000 to assist with conducting and disseminating her research. Taylor’s research will investigate the effect of diverse names in children’s literature on student reading. She said, “I think my application stood out because my research addresses a novel question related to multicultural education and reading, an important area in which there has been little empirical investigation.”

The Research Committee of the National Association of School Psychologists states that grants are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional ability to conduct high-quality research that furthers the mission and goals of NASP, and has the potential to impact the field positively.

For additional information please see Taylor’s curriculum vita.