510 Bailey Education Complex
Knoxville, TN 37996-3452
Gary J. Skolits is currently a tenured associate professor in the Evaluation, Statistics, and Measurement PhD program. He has published more than a dozen research articles, two book chapters, and several dozen evaluation studies. Fomerly, he was Director of the Institute of Assessment and Evaluation leading multiple external evaluation projects in Tennessee and other states, preparing proposals for evaluation and research contracts, as well as supervising a staff of professional evaluators and support personnel (with more than $4 million in funding awarded).
Skolits enjoys Tai Chi, music (classical violin and contemporary ukulele), and walking (distance).
Program Coordinator of Evaluation, Statistics & Measurement
Educational Psychology and Research – Evaluation, Statistics & Measurement
- EdD, Higher Education Administration/Policy, East Tennessee State University, 1999
- MPA, Public Administration, The Pennsylvania State University, 1976
- BA, Political Science, State University of New York, 1975
- School-Based Academic and College Access Interventions
- Evaluation Practice and Pedagogy
- Higher Education Accountability in Community Colleges