526 Bailed Education Complex
1126 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996-3452
I enjoy spending time with my wife, Mary, and our dog, Socks. My hobbies include travel, music, and history (especially Presidential history).
Educational Psychology – Adult Education
Educational Psychology and Research – Adult Learning
- PhD, Adult Education, Syracuse University, 1982
- MEd, Guidance and Counseling, University of Toledo, 1977
- BA, Psychology, University of Toledo, 1976
- Self-Directed Learning
- Adult Learning and Development
- Teaching Adults
- Ethics in Adult Education
- Adult Education as a Field of Study and Practice
Brockett, R.G. (In press). Teaching adults: A practical guide for new teachers. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Kirk, J.M., Shih, C.K., Smeltzer, B.C., Holt, L.L., & Brockett, R.G. (in press). A citation analysis of the International Journal of Self-Directed Learning: 2004-2011. Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Self-Directed Learning.
Smeltzer, B., & Brockett, R.G. (2014, February). Using the revised Tough interview schedule to explore vocational learning projects or selected non-vocational areas. Presented at the 28th annual International Self-Directed Learning Symposium, Cocoa Beach, FL.