Graduate student travel will be supported by both departmental and college funds. Requests for support will originate in departments and will then be forwarded to the Dean’s Office for matching consideration. Details for this process are outlined in the Travel Policies for the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences. Procedural questions are always welcome. A request form for graduate student support is available through the links that follow.
Among many details in the policy, a key expectation is “prior approval.” Appropriate and timely reimbursement is dependent upon filing a travel request for funds in support of appropriate incurred expenses prior to the expected travel. For efficient paper flow it is important to seek authorization for travel at least three weeks in advance.
- Complete the CEHHS Travel Request Form at least three weeks prior to travel. This request is routed to Beverly upon submission. You should also hand deliver or email your letter of acceptance and any other information/documentation relating to the trip to Beverly. Per Diem Rates can be obtained from Beverly or Bonnie.
- Once your travel and funding have been approved, Bonnie will provide an envelope with a checklist and tips sheet. You will be notified by email when your envelope is ready to be picked up. The checklist, which is printed on the envelope, should be completed and returned to Beverly immediately after travel along with all original receipts and documents.
Helpful Links & Information
- Travel Worksheet/Checklist
- Graduate Student Senate Travel Awards
- GSA Domestic Per Diem Rates
- GSA Foreign Per Diem Rates
- MapQuest (for mileage and directions)
- Tips Sheet