Leia Cain is an Assistant Professor in the Evaluation, Statistics, and Methodology program. She primarily utilizes qualitative and mixed methods research. Her areas of expertise include critical methods, narrative methods, interview methods, queer and feminist methods, and integration of qualitative and quantitative data and methods. Leia has presented at conferences in the United States, Japan, and Trinidad and Tobago. She currently serves as the Secretary/Treasurer for the AERA Mixed Methods Special Interest Group and as co-chair of the Mixed Methods International Research Association's MOOC Committee. When not working, Leia enjoys painting, traveling, and spending time with her family and dogs.
- Researcher Identity and Decision Making
- Ethics in Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research
- LGBTQ+ Student and Faculty Experiences in Higher Education
- PhD, Educational Foundations and Inquiry, University of South Carolina
- Graduate Certificate, Women's and Gender Studies, University of South Carolina
- MEd, Educational Research and Measurement, University of South Carolina
- BA, Sociology, East Carolina University