Clinical Assistant Professor, Program Coordinator
As part of the blount Achieves/tnAchieves program (a forerunner to Tennessee Promise), Hammon serves as a mentor to Blount County high school female students—many who plan to be first-generation college attendees. She was recognized as the state of Tennessee’s “Mentor of the Month” in December 2012. And has also served on the Advisory Council.
She served on the Board of Directors of United Way of Blount County (chair-elect, 2016) and was named Outstanding Board Member in 2013. The campaign raised over $2 million annually to be allocated to over 30 organizations serving the community.
- Education public policymaking in the US particularly as related to the teaching profession
- Politics of Education
- Teacher Voice in Public Policymaking Process
- Teacher Political Self-Efficacy Scale
- PreK to 12 Public Learning Systems
- Corporate Learning Systems
- PhD, Educational Psychology and Research, University of Tennessee, 2010
- Graduate of the Human Resource Executive Program, University of Michigan, 1995
- BS, Business Administration, University of Tennessee, 1979
- AAS, Business, Ferrum College, 1974
- Download CV